Scotland 2012: The Journey Begins


It is the last day of school today - an exciting day in its own right. My students and I suffered through one last final exam, and then it was a day of fun and games, with a water fight, a game of Predator and Prey, and an afternoon movie. Fun... but exhausting. And the day isn't over yet!

In my car, sitting calmly but full of promise, is my suitcase, jam-packed full of items for my impending journey to Scotland tonight. My husband is already waiting for me in Edinburgh, and has been for the last five days or so.

His best friend recently got married to a lovely Scottish girl in a castle outside of the city, in a gorgeous ceremony. The castle was derelict and crumbling, but the ivy adorning the walls and the sunlight filtering in through the broken roof made it charming and elegant.

Set up for Jason and Emily's wedding in Dirleton Castle, Scotland.
The wedding in action - I'm so unhappy that I missed this beautiful ceremony!

Anyway, my hubby had a few days after the celebrations were over to explore Edinburgh on his own, and I look forward to joining him. I'm catching the red-eye tonight, and will cruise into Edinburgh by around 5 p.m. tomorrow evening. I don't plan on taking it easy, either! I only have 7 days in Scotland, and I huge list of things to see and do (not just a list, I actually have an itinerary on a PowerPoint document... I know, I know...). So far, my husband has toured Rosslyn Chapel WITHOUT ME, explored Old Town in Edinburgh WITHOUT ME, and much more - I have a lot of catching up to do, and he has a lot of repeats to see!

Edinburgh Castle
Edinburgh Castle: I'm so excited to tour it! Image via.

So stay tuned - I will try to update as the trip progresses, but if not, I will post all about it once I return. And I promise, I WILL try some haggis, even if it kills me. I hope it doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. What an amazing looking place for a wedding! So unique.

    I'm jealous of your trip to Scotland and can't wait to read all about it when you're back!

    ReplyDelete